Thursday, July 7, 2011

THATS IT, Thats the list...

I don't know about you, but I sometimes sit down in the evening and watch PTI, aka, Pardon The InteruPTIon...with Tony Kornhiser and Michael Wilbon...they are hilarious...I like their dynamics...anyway, they have a quote they use all the time throughout their show..."That's it, THATS the list" whether they are talking about top baseball players, or plays made in a football game, or top college coaches..whatever...I thought...why can't I apply that to my life? Why can't I make a list of how I want to be, how I want to live...NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A SO-CALLED "BUCKET LIST"...just a reminder of things I want to do and how I want to live.

So...I started this list...at first it was pretty simple, it kinda did resemble a freaking bucket list...but I wanted it to be more than that. I have been evolving as a person over the last couple of years...things that didn't seem too important to me, now are important to me...I am learning new things, broadening my horizons...growing as a person...finding myself, I suppose...

without further adew, I am going to put my list up here...I know some of the things are really stupid, but there is a definite trend...so here goes...It's pretty long, so bear with me...

1. I want to go to more live music venues...I want to see OCMS, Old 97s, Trampled by Turtles...up to and including...going to friends house just to pick a little guitar and sing a little song...I really want to have music as a bigger part of my life...

2. I want to actually kill a dove WHEN I go dove hunting...yeah, I hunt, but I only hunt for things that I will actually eat, and I really like dove...

3. I want to own a place in the country(I want to get BACK there) with a big porch and some sort of water, be it a pond, lake or stream or river...I would LOVE for it to be a river...

4. Own a Jeep..I have a jeep, but I want a Wrangler...something I can take the top off and feel the sun on my shoulders...

5. Go camping more..and in different kinds of places...mountains, beach, even desert, someday...

6.Build a bonfire on the beach...pretty much goes with the camping thing, i guess...but i still would like to do it..

7. Learn to play guitar, accordian(yeah, accordian), harmonica, and ukulele..which i have been dabbling with all of them for about 7 months (except the accordian..) (guess you gotta have one of those to learn to play one, right?)

8.learn to sew...which I pretty much have...I even know how to put in a zipper pretty well...

9. Grow the most fabulous veggie garden...I want to learn to grow artichokes, asparagus and rhubarb...I want a tiny greenhouse to I can grow everything from seeds...( I know, i don't want much)

10.Grow the most fabulous flower garden.

11. Grow the most fabulous rose garden...how I would love to have roses like my Grandma did..

12. Finish my book...almost done :)

13. Have a solo art exhibit...eventually

14.write a relevent blog...I AM TRYING, DUDE!!!

15. Find something to believe in...

16. BE HAPPY!

17. Learn to hula hoop and juggle...I got the hula hoop thing...juggling...thats another story..

18.I want a working studio...

19. I want to learn how to make the most awesome desserts, mostly super cute cupcakes..

20.I want to learn how to make fermented tea, my own beer, wine or whiskey..I think that would be cool..

21. I want to learn to can food well.

22.I want to run a 5k, 10k, 13.1 and a mini triatholon...did the 5k...and I met my goal of finishing and not finishing last...yay!

23.I want to have 6 chickens...weird I know...I love eggs though...

24. I want to learn how to eat cleaner than I am right now...

25. Last one, I want to learn to crochet...which would be a huge feat for me, cause I am left handed...I know, not an excuse...but YOU haven't seen me try to crochet, now have you?

Well, that's it...thats the list...I know, I know...I have a LOT of work to do...actually I have been working on this for about a year and a half...so some of them I have already accomplished...and now I have somewhere to go with my blog! yeah! I will post some pictures of things that i have accomplished...er...well, things that I have tried..NOT PERFECTED, by any means..I got A LOT of work to do...A LOT of work!

Take care of yourselves! and catch ya later! xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment